Moving in Connecticut can be rather overwhelming. That’s why it’s important that you hire an experienced mover to assist you with expediting your moving process. How do you find that Connecticut mover you ask? These questions should help you narrow down your search.
- How long will my move take? A reputable moving company will approximate at least a half hour per room loading and an half hour per room unloading. But remember it depends on the amount of items in your room. It could take less, or a little more.
- Do you pack? All full service movers pack. They can also provide packing materials for your home. A full service mover is generally the safest bet for a move of any kind.
- Are my items protected? A full service mover usually provides some sort of wrapping of your furniture, typically quilt-pad wrapping. They not only wrap your items but will also lay runners on the floor so they don’t dirty or mark up your flooring.
- Will I need one or two trucks? What about movers, will I need one, two or three? A skilled mover will know the size vehicle to bring and the number of movers to assign. As you describe your home, namely the number of rooms and large items, this will determine the number of men and trucks. If at any point you’re uncomfortable about approximating, a skilled mover will offer to come out and provide a in-home estimate.
- What can I do to expedite the move? An experienced mover will offer you a few tips on how to get your home move ready. This process will help everything flow swiftly and smoothly.
- How much will my move cost? Your move cost is determined by the time it takes your Connecticut moving company to conduct your move. Based upon the number of rooms you have and the hour approximation per room, you can come up with a rough estimate. However, there may be other factors that either shorten or elongate the time. Travel time is another time element that must be factored in as well. A reputable mover will never give you a definite cost unless its a written estimate.